Monday, August 15, 2011

Egg.......shell....



Hi there peeps i hope this post finds you all well.
Did everyone have a decent weekend?! I sure hope so..
OK...so today i want to show you how simple things can be used to create a not so bad effect lol. ( notice the humbleness? lol) As tastes and budgets have to come together in creating new ideas, i am trying to do my part.

The eggshell in a nutshell....ehm thought that sounded good, makes no sense tho but ok on with the post.
One takes a rinsed eggshell, or part of it. Color it with some very thin acrylic paint if you want some color or distress. i used a black paint very thinned and wiped of with paper towels on the second tag.
The tag below , the eggshell has been put on as is. I tried to keep it simple, this is really just for show and tell. I used modpodge to glue the eggshell onto the tag. it will need sealing in some way later on, try about 2 thin layers.


Then i got an idea, how about something in the Halloween spirit?
The end result was the tag below.





The pic below was taken with lights on in the house since it was getting very cloudy and dark here. But i really wanted to show the black little roses.
They eyes in the skull were dark red beads which i kinda colored black on the top.

So my dear friends, imagine what you could do with eggshell. I am sure it can find its way on a canvas to or thicker paper.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know if you made something great with eggshell??
Have a wonderful creative day my friends,
Andrea.






5 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Very cool Andrea! I've used eggshells before, too. Many years ago, I made a still life of fruit in a dish-all dyed eggshells--from a magazine.

Talking Horses Arts said...

Lol moose... do you still have it? would like to see it..
Andrea.

Maggi said...

I've never used egg shells before but they are very effective. Love your flowers in previous posts. For some reason Blogger is not bringing me your posts as they are published so sorry to have missed some.

jackie said...

I remember a tutor getting us to use eggshells for texture in design work - v. fiddly. Your way works well. Thanks for visiting my blog - lots of flowers over here.

~*~Patty S said...

fabulous eggshell inspiration Andrea!

Love what you've made

I have a tiny collection of broken robin's egg (blue) shells I keep meaning to do something with
oxo