Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Coffee and blue..

Hi there peeps hope this post finds you all well.
I know some of you had a pretty good scare this week with the earthquake. My heart goes out to you .
I want to thank all that responded to my previous post(s), your kind comments make my day.
Thank you!!

For today's post its coffee dyed lace and fabrics and an old blue mans flannel shirt. I also incorporated one of my flowers in the right hand top. If your new visitor here go a couple posts back you will find a small tutorial on how to make these.


Now my dilemma with this project is, should i add more or leave it almost as is at the moment.

I kinda like the simple look but would like to hear from you guys. What would you do?

Maybe little bit more around the left hand side of the picture? I will just hang it up in the studio and look at it time to time and see what happens.
Tho no harm done in a couple of extra eyes and opinions right?( hint hint..lol)
I also want to add some words to it. Just haven't found them yet but i am sure i will at some point. This is the first time i tried a collage like this, think i like doing them. Might make more at some point. Plus i really like the smell of the coffee dyed fabric lol.
Well peeps have a wonderful creative day, stay safe, take care...
Big Hug,
Andrea.




5 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I really like it just as it is! Hanging it up for a few days & looking at it is a good idea. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog--I really appreciate your visits!

Robin said...

This is a gorgeous piece Andrea! I love your colors and the way you have it laid out. I think if you add words to it, you will find it to be complete!

Maggi said...

I love the coffee and blue. I think it looks great as it is too but a good idea to live with it for a few days to see what it says to you.

My Creative House said...

Andrea thanks for sweet comment on my book, your hanger is so beautifully made, love the colors they fits perfect together.
Hugs Anni

Gaby Bee said...

Your hanger looks great. I too love the coffe and blue color combo. They really fit together perfectly.

Hope your day is going great!
Hugs, Gaby