Monday, January 5, 2009

Just cruising along.





Hello there people,
Just cruising along into the new year here. Hope you are all doing well.
Putting up a picture of my needle felted tree and my wall quilt that I call ocean treasures.
The tree is machine needle felted in my own hand dyed fabric( muslin). Ocean treasures is made out of commercial fabric, like that on the borders and hand painted fabric. The background is one piece, I know it looks like two different pieces but its not..lol.
Bubble wrap is used in this to to get the bubblie print...makes sense does it not duh?
The seahorses were first rubbed with oil crayons then the outline stitched with the machine while they were covered with tulle. I tought that the beading gave it that extra sparkle.
Well that's it for now might be back later today and show some more. talk to you later guys, have fun, go and create!
Andrea.

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Andrea! Love both of these pieces, am really partial to your ocean treasures wall quilt. It's great reading about it, I kept clicking back to the closeup view. I Love netting and was just wondering if I could wash some new tulle to get it nice and soft like some I've had kicking around here for awhile! Really enjoying your wonderful ways with fabric and paints!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
Thanks for your lovely commentbon my blog.
You have some lovely work.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful work. Ocean treasures is YUMMY!
Pat