Thursday, May 21, 2009

Woweee!!!

Good morning everybody, I hope this post finds you all well!
For starters....my friend Sharon has given my awards..wowee!!
I feel so honored that she calls me her friend and thinks that I deserve these! XOXOXO my friend!!!



Isn't that something??
This just makes my day..no it makes my week or even more. I will pass these to some other blogging friends tomorrow, so stay tuned!
Next I would like to share with you a collage on canvas that I made yesterday and would really like your opinion on it my friends. Paper is not my strongest point I think, so any suggestions will be very welcome!

I know you all must be getting tired of me complaining about me camera, so I will not do that..lol.
The colors are little less blueish, should be more to the brown side. Tried different backgrounds, I guess this is it.....



Used a piece of Tim Holz grunge board, like that stuff. It smells a bit I think but you get used to that..lol
It does a really good job when you emboss it.


The glass bubbles are embossed on the backside. Then glued on. Did some embossing on a couple of shells too. Just brush on your ink ( I used India ink) and sprinkle it on there. Have a little container were you put your shells in when you put the powder on, so you catch all the powder that does not stick. This way you do not lose any. The dolphins are embossed too for part of them. The mermaids are printed on transparent 'paper' and then cut out. The glass pieces were embossed and then glued on top of each other.
The whole background was painted in layers of gesso, acrylic and ink.
That is it for now my friends, I am back of to do some more work...( fun).
Hope you like this post and have a wonderful and great day!
Go and create!
XO Andrea.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

Congratulations on the award. I really like this piece as you have managed to capture a true watery feel. I love grungeboard too and it is good that you can double what you have buy splitting the layers without it falling apart. Makes it perfect for when you want something that is not quite so high-relief.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love your art pc. You really captured the feeling. AND yes you deserve these awards. Still fixing the camera. Grrrrr. Sharon

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I am such a fan of mermaids Andrea! This piece is excellent, the colors and textures really make it special! How cool to know the grungeboard can be split!
Congratulations on your well deserved award too!
I notice when I photograph purple flowers they seem to come out blue??? not sure what's up with that!